Check Cibil Score By PAN Card
Oct 25, 2022
A three-digit number represents your credit report, called a “CIBIL Score” in India; it is linked with your Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN). Three hundred is the lowest possible CIBIL Score, and 900 is the highest. Therefore, the closer your CIBIL score is to 900, the better it is. However, if your credit score is below 300, your credit requests are less likely to be approved. This is why checking your CIBIL score using PAN card details at regular intervals is important.
You can do it easily online if you want to check your CIBIL Score with PAN Card. Continue reading this article to learn how to check CIBIL Score online using a PAN Card. Remember to check CIBIL with your PAN card before applying for any loan. A negative credit score can seriously impact your chances of getting a loan or a credit card from any institution.
What does CIBIL stand for?
CIBIL is an abbreviation for “Credit Information Bureau India Limited” (also called TransUnion CIBIL). It is a company in the business of managing and keeping credit records of various enterprises and individuals. Lenders use these records to determine whether or not to give out loans. CIBIL receives credit data from banks and other lending institutions, which helps it determine the credit score of an individual or a business.
How to check your CIBIL Score online by using PAN Card?
While many platforms will help you check your CIBIL Score by using your PAN Card, you can check your real-time CIBIL score on the organisation’s official website. For online CIBIL score checking using your PAN Card before applying for a loan, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official CIBIL website – https://www.cibil.com.
- Click on the banner button at the right-hand corner of the page where it says “GET FREE CIBIL SCORE & REPORT.”
- There are two options for you – to get an annual CIBIL score free online and to buy paid membership plans to check your CIBIL score with PAN Card monthly. Select the subscription option of your choice.
- For either case, you need to register on the website by providing your email ID (it will be your login ID), PAN/other government ID details, and mobile number.
- Choose your PAN Card as your Government ID and add your PAN details.
- Enter the above-mentioned details and create a password for your account.
- Click on the “Make Payment” option and pay as per your chosen subscription plan
- After making the payment, you can easily log in to the website with your email ID and password to check the CIBIL score by PAN Card. You can also log in through an OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- After logging in, enter all the details required and click on “Submit.”
- On the next pages, you will be able to see the CIBIL Score.
Also read: What Affects Your CIBIL Score?
How is a PAN Card vital to check the CIBIL Score?
A PAN card has a 10 digit alpha-numeric code which is different for every person. The PAN number is now linked with all our bank accounts and is also required to carry out any other financial activities. The PAN Card is important to check your CIBIL Score because:
- It helps in finding the credit history and related information of the loan applicant.
- It is the most credible and authentic way of checking the credit information of a person.
- The agencies can also find out your debt-to-income ratio using your PAN details. A debt-to-income ratio is vital to indicate a CIBIL Score.
- The agencies will also be able to locate the type of inquiries made against an applicant by using the PAN card details.
How can you check your CIBIL Score without PAN Card?
In case your PAN Card is not available with you but you need to check your CIBIL Score, you may use:
- The identification number on your Passport,
- Voter ID
- Driver’s License number.
Please note you cannot check your CIBIL Score using an Aadhar Card.
The Bottom Line
To view your CIBIL score, you must provide a valid PAN Card. When you apply for a credit card or loan, the first thing any lender will look at is your credit score. It reveals whether or not the borrower is reliable with their financial obligations and displays their ability to repay the loan on time. In India, banks and other lenders rely mostly on the TransUnion CIBIL company’s credit scores. A higher credit score achieves better odds of having a loan application approved. The credit score in a CIBIL report ranges from 300 to 900, where 300 is the worst credit score and 900 is the best credit score. A CIBIL score of 650-900 has a better chance of loan approvals.
FlexiLoans is an online lending platform established to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) access fast, flexible, and sufficient funding for expansion. They provide quick and hassle-free business loans, MSME loans, and short-term loans with the least collateral at the best rate of interest available in the market. You may get a free monthly CIBIL score check with just your PAN card number at FlexiLoans.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q.1 What is the official website of CIBIL?
Ans: The official website of CIBIL is www.cibil.com/
Q. 2 I have just got a new PAN card; what will be my CIBIL Score?
Ans: For those who have recently received a PAN Card and have not applied for a credit facility yet, the status of their credit profile would be ‘New to Credit.’ Thus, in this case, no CIBIL Score would be issued to you.
Q. 3 How can I get a Credit report if I do not own a PAN Card?
Ans: Having a PAN Card is a must for availing of loan facilities. No bank, NBFC, or lender would give a loan to someone without a PAN Card. Thus, you will not be able to access the Credit Report.
Q. 4 If I lost my PAN Card, will my CIBIL Score be affected?
Ans: No, there will be no effect of losing your PAN Card on your CIBIL Score as your PAN Number will remain the same.
Q. 5 How can I check my CIBIL score without registration?
Ans: To check your CIBIL Score without registration, you can log in to the official website of FlexiLoans and move to the CIBIL Score option. Then, enter your PAN Card number and other details & submit. You will get to know your CIBIL Score.