Correction and Update of PAN Cards – How to Change Name and Address on PAN Card
Jun 06, 2022
The PAN card, or Permanent Account Number, is a legal document that is needed for all monetary operations. The Personal Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit alpha-numeric code sequence issued and authorised by the Income Tax Department of India. The PAN card is valid indefinitely.
When you want to make modifications to your present PAN card, you use the service for updating PAN card data. It might be a change of name, a relocation, or anything else. The technique for upgrading your PAN is virtually identical to the procedure for applying for your PAN for the first time.
In this blog, we will guide you on how to update PAN card Online, the PAN card name change process, PAN card form correction and how to update PAN card details, both online and offline.
How To Update Pan Card Online
Here is how you can update PAN card details:
Step 1: You need to go to www.tin-nsdl.com, the official NSDL E-Governance portal.
Step 2: In the Services section, select “PAN.”
Step 3: In the “Correction/Change in PAN Data” box, press “Apply.”
Step 4: Click ‘Changes or Corrections in Existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card (No Changes in Existing PAN Data)’ seen from the ‘Application Type’ dropdown box.
Step 5: Pick the relevant classification of the assessee from the ‘Category’ dropdown option. For example, if the PAN is issued in your name, choose ‘Individual’ from the list.
Step 6: Now input your name, email address, birth date, and phone number.
Step 7: Enter the Captcha and click “Submit.”
Step 8: Your application will be recorded, and a Token Code will be emailed to the email address you supplied. You can proceed with the procedure by clicking a button underneath it.
Step 9: After you continue, you will be routed to the form – there are three alternatives for submitting your papers, choose “Submit scanned pictures using e-Sign on NSDL e-gov.”
Step 10: Enter all of the required information, including your father’s name, mother’s name (not mandatory), and Aadhaar card number, and then select ‘Next.’
Step 11:You will now be directed to a new webpage where you may update your correct address.
Step 12:Upload any necessary documents, such as proof of address, age, and identity.
Step 13: Confirm the declaration and press the “Submit” button.
Step 14: You’ll be sent to the payment page. Payment methods include net banking, credit/debit card and demand draft.
Step 15: An acknowledgment slip will be created upon successful payment. The candidate should print it out and deliver it together with the physical verification of papers to the NSDL e-gov office. Attach two images in the area provided, as well as a sign across it. On the front of the letter, write ‘Application for PAN Change’ and the acknowledgement number.
How To Change Pan Card Name Online
There are numerous factors why one would desire to change the name in PAN card. Just a few instances include spelling errors, Aadhaar card issues, and new names after marriage. For linking the PAN card with your Aadhaar card, you need to change name in PAN card as per your Aadhaar card. The Tax Department has eased up the process of modifying names on your PAN card. The users of PAN cards can simply change their names digitally in the comfort of their own homes. If you’re unsure how to proceed, here’s a step-by-step guide to changing your name on your PAN card online, along with prices and a list of essential documents.
The PAN card is among the most important documents for Indian citizens, not just for taxation purposes but also as a confirmation of identification.
The Income Tax Department of India issues the laminated card, which contains a ten-digit alphanumeric identifying number. Nevertheless, if the PAN card was originally issued with an incomplete or inaccurate name, or you want to alter your name (maybe for the reason after getting married or to make it in accordance with Aadhaar), you do not be worried because these concerns are readily resolved.
Pan Card Name Change Process
You can change name in PAN card as per Aadhaar number in the following ways:
Offline application for change of name:
- The PAN card form correction download link is available here for offline applications.
- The PAN card Form must be completed accurately, with all facts provided.
- Before filling out the form, the photograph must be attached and the form must be duly signed.
- In the event of an offline application, a demand draft in the name of NSDL must be provided with the application form to the NSDL’s registered address.
This is most likely the simplest approach to amend your PAN card’s name online.
Online application is made in the following manner:
- The online application may be made through TIN-NSDL or UTIITSL.
- Payment for the online application form must be paid online using a debit/credit card or online banking.
- A 15-digit acknowledgment number is created, which may be used to check the status of a PAN card.
- The applicant obtains the amended PAN card within 45 days of filing the application if everything is done correctly.
Process for Change of Address
keep in mind for change of address:
- The cardholder’s address is not included on the PAN card.
- The place to submit the PAN card physical copy via post is specified in the form. You can change your residence address offline by submitting application correction/change form 49A.
- For applications submitted online and authenticated using an Aadhaar OTP, the address cannot be changed. The address in the Aadhaar database is utilized as your address by default.
- If you want to change your address, first you must modify it on your Aadhaar card and then resubmit PAN Card Form 49A.
Offline procedure: To make offline adjustments, reissue, or surrender the PAN, a person must file the PAN rectification/correction form to the closest NSDL collecting center and also submit a note with the jurisdictional Assessing Officer. This form’s fields are comparable to those on the online form.
Take notice of the following:
• The legally signed acknowledgment, along with the necessary papers, must be received by the NSDL within 15 days of submission of the application online.
• Because the PAN rectification form is used for numerous purposes, including PAN rectification, reissuance of PAN without rectification, and surrender of extra PAN, it must be thoroughly filled out.
• The checkbox on the upper left of the related fields should be correctly marked and selected since selecting the wrong box can cause you further trouble. For example, if you file for PAN reissuance with no corrections and tick the box next to your name. or choose the relinquished PAN choice, your application category will be different than what you want to submit.
How to Track the Status of a PAN Card
It is simple and quick to track the status of a PAN card request. When you apply for a PAN card or update/correct errors in your PAN, you will be issued an acknowledgment code that you may use to check on the status of your new PAN request or PAN Card rectification status.
It is mandatory to present your PAN number when transacting with a bank or any other financial institution. However, there are situations when modifications to your PAN card are required, such as a change of name or residence.
It is simple to update your name, address, and other things in Pan Card these days. Everything you need is the necessary paperwork for pan card name/address modification, to attach with the application, pay the form fees, and you’re good to go.
We hope that our detailed blog will assist you in moving on with the procedure of how to change name in PAN Card.