PM Kisan – Registration, Beneficiary Status & Latest Updates
May 16, 2023
Latest News and updates about Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
1) “PM Kisan Yojana- 13th instalment Disbursement Rules Made Stringent “
To avoid additional misuse, the Narendra Modi-led administration has tightened the regulations governing the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Yojana. Each beneficiary farmer now complies with the requirement to first confirm the ownership of the land. Farmers would have not received the 13th instalment of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi if the land record verification was not complete. Under this scheme, the Central Government provides financial aid of Rs 6000 annually to weaker monetary farmers.
Following the distribution of the 13th Instalment, various incidents of irregularities have been exposed. They made considerable changes to ensure that no one took advantage of the plan by making mistakes. Beneficiaries needed to complete the e-KYC procedure before they received the 13th instalment.
- The beneficiary must link the Aadhar card to a bank account.
- Farmers would receive Rs 2000 as the 13th instalment after completing e-KYC.
You should take the following actions if you want to join the Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme of qualified farmers:
- Please go to https://pmkisan.gov.in to see the official website.
- Simply click “New Farmer Registration.”
- Enter the person’s Aadhaar number
- After selecting your state, enter the captcha code.
Simply follow the steps to complete the process!
2) ” Economic Survey 2023: PM Kisan covers 11.3 million farmers, disbursing Rs. 2 lakh crore “
India’s Finance Minister Ms. Nirmala Sitharaman tabled the Economic Survey in Parliament on January 31, 2023. According to the government’s response to the survey, the PM Kisan plan covered around 11.3 crore farmers during its April–July 2022–2023 payout cycle. Over more than 3 years, the Scheme has successfully given more than Rs. 2 lakh crore in aid to millions of struggling farmers.
3) ” In the most recent instalment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributes more than Rs 16,000 crore to farmers. “
Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributed the 13th instalment of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN), totalling more than Rs 16,000 crore, directly to more than eight crore beneficiaries. Eligible farmer households earn Rs 6,000 per year in three equal payments of Rs 2,000 each under the program. More than 11 crore farmer families, mostly the small and marginal, have received about Rs 2.25 lakh crore in funding up to this point. Officials claim that during the Covid lockout, the government distributed 75 lakh crore in several instalments to help the struggling farmers. More than three crore women beneficiaries of the scheme have received more than Rs 53,600 crore in funding overall. They distributed the scheme’s 11th and 12th instalments in May and October of last year.
4) ” Voluntary surrender of PM Kisan Yojana benefits and how to do it “
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Yojana does not offer benefits to every landowner. Chosen farmers receive yearly financial assistance of Rs. 6000 under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN). Eligible farmers received their 13th instalment of Rs. 2000 on 27th February 2023. They receive this amount directly into their bank accounts via a system called Direct Bank Transfer (DBT). However, the government launched a Voluntary Surrender of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Benefits tab, where farmers who are ineligible under this scheme can refund their funds and in exchange receive an appreciation certificate from the government.
You can follow the below steps to refund the amount back to the PM Kisan program
Step 1: Visit the PM Kisan website (https://pmkisan.gov.in/)
Step 2: Scroll down and select the ‘Voluntary surrender of PM Kisan benefits’ tab.
Step 3: Type in your registration information, enter the captcha code, and click on “Get OTP.” This OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 4: You can see the total instalments you’ve received after entering your OTP.
Step 5: Enter your OTP and select “Yes” when asked if you want to surrender your PM Kisan Benefit.
Your account will no longer receive benefits once you click on Yes.
Keep in mind that this is a surrender for new benefits, not a return of previous benefits. You will no longer be eligible to receive PM KISAN financial benefits after leaving the program. Additionally, you can not reapply for the PM Kisan program.
5) ” The government will soon release the 14th instalment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. “
The beneficiaries receive money in three different instalments throughout the year. Most frequently, the first instalment is given between April and July, the second between August and November, and the third between December and March. Although the 14th instalment’s release date has not yet been confirmed, it is anticipated to occur between April 2023 and July 2023. All recipients of the PM Kisan Yojna need to complete eKYC by the government. Individuals can complete the eKYC procedure on the MKISAN Portal using an OTP-based mechanism, according to the information supplied on the official website. As an alternative, they can use a biometric-based way to complete the process by going to the closest CSC centre.
6) ” PM Kisan scheme: 21 lakh farmers picked in UP found ineligible, says state Agriculture Minister “
According to an investigation, 21 lakh farmers chosen in Uttar Pradesh for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme turned out to be ineligible. According to Surya Pratap Shahi, the minister of agriculture, the money given to the ineligible farmers so far under the plan will be repaid to them. Shahi claims that out of the 2.85 crore farmers picked under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi initiative in the state, 21 lakhs were found to be ineligible. He continued by citing other instances where this program benefitted both the husband and wife.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme overview:
What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
The Government of India announced The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) scheme in February 2019 to give income support to farmers across the country. The program seeks to provide eligible recipients with a minimum income support of Rs. 6,000 per year. This program provides qualifying farmers with three instalments of Rs. 2,000 each in the form of direct cash transfers into their bank accounts. The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare administers the PM KISAN program, which receives funding from the Indian government. The scheme benefits nearly 11 crore farmers across the country. Small and marginal farmers, defined as those with less than 2 hectares of cultivable land, profit from the PM KISAN scheme. The program has received high praise for its efforts to ease farmers’ financial hardships and for its promotion of inclusive growth and rural development in the nation.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) plan is a key project of the Indian government that aims to support the income of small and marginal farmers all over the nation. Some of the key features of the PM-KISAN scheme are:
- Income support: The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) program offers qualified farmers direct income support of Rs. 6000 per year in three equal payments of Rs. 2000 each. The farmer’s bank account receives a direct bank transfer of the income amount.
- Eligibility: The scheme covers all small and marginal farmers who own cultivable land up to 2 hectares. Families that own land and hold it legally are not eligible for the program.
- Direct benefit transfer: The Direct Bank Transfer makes sure that the money transfers straight to the farmers’ bank accounts, cutting out all middlemen.
- Implementation: The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of India, is responsible for implementing the PM KISAN program. The program has an effective monitoring system in place to guarantee a seamless rollout and prevent any inconsistencies.
- Online process: The online registration process for the PM KISAN scheme is quick and easy. Farmers can sign up for the program either online through the PM KISAN portal or in person at the local Common Service Centre (CSC). The farmer can also check their PM KISAN registration status and PM KISAN benefit status on the online portal.
- Transparency: The purpose of the PM KISAN plan is to guarantee systemic accountability and openness. Through the PM KISAN portal, farmers can monitor the progress of their PM KISAN applications and payment requests.
The objective of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) program’s primary goal is to give financial support to the nation’s small and marginal farmers. The program seeks to reduce farmer hardship by giving farmers a reliable source of income to maintain their way of life and agricultural endeavours. The PM-KISAN scheme’s primary goals are as follows:
- The program aims to give farmers direct income support so they can pay their agricultural expenses and maintain their way of life.
- The program attempts to give farmers financial aid if they are having trouble buying important supplies like seeds, fertilizer, and other supplies needed for agricultural production.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) program helps farmers financially and raises their socioeconomic standing to promote inclusive growth and rural development.
- By giving small and marginal farmers a consistent source of income, the program seeks to solve the problem of farmer distress.
- The program’s goal is to prevent farmers from having to take out distressed loans and getting trapped in debt by offering income support.
- The PM KISAN program will help to boost agricultural output by giving farmers financial support so they can make improvements to their properties and implement cutting-edge farming techniques.
- The program’s goal is to increase the income of small and marginal farmers, who make up a significant portion of the agricultural industry and are crucial in guaranteeing the nation’s food security.
Overall, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM KISAN) program plays a significant role in safeguarding the welfare of farmers in the nation and encouraging inclusive growth in the agricultural industry.
How to register for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
The Indian government has made the PM KISAN registration process incredibly simple for farmers to sign up for all of the available programs. You can register within as less as 2 days. You can take the below steps to sign up for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme (PM-KISAN):
- Visit the official website of PM-KISAN: https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- On the home page, select the “Farmers Corner” tab.
- Go to the “New Farmer Registration” menu option.
- Select the appropriate PM KISAN registration category from the list, which includes Aadhaar, bank, and mobile numbers.
- You must then upload the required documents, such as a scanned copy of your Aadhaar card, bank passbook, and a passport-sized photograph.
- Once all the information has been verified, press “Register” to finish the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi registration process.
The relevant authorities will assess and verify your application after it has been filed. Your eligibility to receive benefits under the PM KISAN plan will depend on whether all the information you submitted is accurate.
You can also register through mobile SMS. You can follow the steps mentioned below to register:
- On your phone, open the Message app, and then type Kisan GOV REG <NAME>, <STATE>, <DISTRICT>, <BLOCK>. Send it on the 51969 or 7738299899.
- You can give a call to the call centre of PM Kisan on their toll-free number at 1800-180-1551.
- The representative or agent of the PM Kisan scheme will connect with you and assist you regarding the further process.
You can also register for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana via the mobile application.
On registration, you will be given a PM KISAN registration number. You can check the PM KISAN registration number through the Farmers’ Corner on the official portal. This number can be used to check your PM KISAN registration status and to check your beneficiary status.
What are the documents required for registration to Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
The next part of the PM KISAN registration details the necessary documentation. The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM Kisan) Scheme requires farmers to submit several documents to the relevant authorities to register. The following documents are a must to register:
- Land ownership documents: You must present documentation proving that you are the owners of the land you are cultivating. Documents like land ownership certificates, land deeds, or rights records may fall under this category.
- Aadhar card: To establish your identity and place of residence, you must provide a copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Bank details: You must provide information about your bank account, including the account number, bank name, and branch name.
- Mobile number: You must include your mobile phone number so that they can update you on the status of your application and any other important scheme-related information.
Passport-size photograph: Along with the PM KISAN application form, you must also send a passport-size photograph of yourself.
Eligibility to apply for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
The qualifying requirements for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana are one of its most important aspects. Farmer families who meet these requirements can take advantage of this Yojana. You must meet the requirements listed below in order to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme (PM KISAN):
- You should be a citizen of India
- You must link your Aadhaar number to an operational, valid bank account.
- You must be the owner or cultivator of land that is suitable for cultivation, and you must have the land records to confirm it.
- You should not own more than 2 hectares of land.
- You can be eligible for the PM KISAN program even if you are from a rural or urban region.
Who can not apply to the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
Not all farmers are eligible for financial support under the PM Kisan scheme. Below mentioned are certain groups of persons who are excluded:
- If you are an institutional landholder, you are not eligible for this program.
- If you or any of your family member holds or has held a constitutional post.
- If you are currently employed by or have previously had a position in, a government ministry, department, office, or field unit.
- If you have a position of authority or work for a government-affiliated autonomous body or Central or State Public Sector Undertaking (PSU).
- If you are a regular employee of a local government body.
- If you are currently serving or have previously served in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha.
- If you are a present or former Minister of Central or state government.
- If you have served in the State Legislative Assembly or State Legislative Councils in the past or present.
- Any present or former Chairperson of District Panchayat.
- Present and Former Mayor of any Municipal Corporation.
- The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is not available to you or your family if you submitted income taxes in the previous Assessment Year (AY).
- If you or your family has retired or superannuated and you receive a pension of Rs. 10000 or more every month. However, it does not apply if you belong to a multi-tasking staff, Class IV, or Group D employees.
- If you or your family are a professional like a doctor, lawyer, engineers, architects, chartered accountants, etc. who are professionally involved in your specialized fields.
KYC updation for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana 2021 has undergone significant adjustments recently. The next payment will only be available to farmers who successfully complete the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi e-KYC. You will not receive your incentive until you complete the PM KISAN eKYC. All farmers have to register in order to avail of this scheme.
How to update KYC for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
- On the authorized portal, select “eKYC” from the drop-down menu under “Farmers Corner” on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Fill out the “Aadhar OTP e-KYC” form, enter your Aadhaar number, and then click the “Search” button on the following page.
- As soon as you enter the cellphone number associated with your Aadhaar, you will receive a text message with your OTP.
- Your eKYC will be complete once you have entered your OTP.
How to check the status of eKYC online for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme
According to the government, farmers who have signed up for the PM KISAN Yojana must now have an e-KYC card. To obtain a PM KISAN e-KYC card, refer to the following steps:
- You may find out more about PM Kisan on the official website.
- On the right side of the screen, there is an option for Farmers Corner.
- To access eKYC, click the link on that page.
How to do eKYC for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme through CSC center
You can follow the steps mentioned below to do eKYC through the CSC center.
- First, you will need to visit the nearest CSC center.
- Secondly, request the concerned person to update Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme eKYC online.
- You must then provide them with the required information which may include Aadhar card details.
- After which, the concerned person will fill in the required details and submit it on the website.
- In the end, the system will confirm the Aadhar card details along with the other information.
- Your eKYC will be complete once you have verified your Aadhar.
You can check your PM KISAN eKYC status through the PM KISAN Farmers corner on the official website.
Here’s how you can avail the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana:
The very first step would be to verify that your name is on the PM Kisan Yojana beneficiary list:
If your name appears on the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi beneficiary list, you may be eligible to receive incentives following the verification process. You can follow the instructions below to see if your name is on the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana beneficiary list:
- Go to the official website of PM Kisan Yojana (https://pmkisan.gov.in/).
- On the home page, select the “Farmers Corner” option.
- Click on “Beneficiary Status” when you see it in that section.
- The page after this one that says “Beneficiaries list under PM Kisan” will be your next destination.
- The page gives all the relevant details, including the state, district, sub-district, block, and village. From the drop-down menu, you must choose the proper data.
- Before pressing the “Get Report” button, be sure all the information you have entered is correct.
- The beneficiary list will appear on a new page that loads.
Following your name appearing on the list, you can also check the beneficiary status in the Farmers Corner as well.
Alternatively, you can visit the closest Common Service Centre (CSC) or PM KISAN State Nodal Officer (SNO) office and ensure your name is on the beneficiary list by presenting your Aadhaar card or bank account information. You must keep in mind that the PM KISAN beneficiary list updates frequently, so if you don’t see your name, check again later.
How to check the beneficiary status of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana?
As soon as your name appears in the beneficiary list results in beneficiary confirmation, you must wait until they deposit the benefits into your bank account. You can check the status of your funds by following the below steps:
- Go to the official website of PM Kisan Yojana (https://pmkisan.gov.in/).
- Click on the “Farmers Corner” link, which is a separate section devoted to topics affecting farmers.
- Click on “Beneficiary Status” when you see it in that section.
- This will take you to a new page. You must then provide your Aadhar number linked to your mobile number and bank account number.
- Click on ‘Get data’ after entering these details.
- After clicking on get data, all the information regarding your instalment status will appear on this screen.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme benefits
Farmers receive income help under this program. Each farmer receives up to Rs. 6000 per year in instalments. The instalment distribution is in the following pattern. payment of Rs. 2000 for April to July months. The next instalment of Rs. 2000 in the months between August and November. And the last instalment in the months of December to March. This money is directly transferred to the bank account of the beneficiary.
Success stories of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme
- Smt. Gurvinder Kaur is a small-scale farmer with three acres of land. Up until 2014, she was a teacher at a private school. She decided to set out with the goal of becoming a prosperous ‘agripreneur’. After undergoing a training program in “Dairy Farming”, she established a small dairy unit on her farm with 1 cow in the year 2014 as an additional enterprise and experienced persistent growth in milk production by adopting scientific dairy farming practices. She is a role model to other farmers as she gave up her promising job and took up dairy farming. She has proven that the adoption of technology will lead to maximizing growth and timely assistance on current developments in the agritech sector will help farmers prosper.
- Smt. Hmangaihkimi farms a total of 5 acres with her husband, a teacher who also enjoys farming, and they primarily use the mixed cropping approach to supply food for their family. Since they started raising bees, their standard of living has increased because it provides a reliable source of income. In March 2019, she acquired the knowledge and abilities required to identify the Queen in a bee box, manage bee colonies throughout the seasons, extract honey, process it, divide and unite bee colonies, and understand the importance of a modern bee box through the STRY Skill-based Training Programme on “Beekeeping”. She made several modifications to the traditional bee-keeping practices based on the knowledge gained during the training like placing a stick in the traditional bee box for the bees to make their hives easily, splitting the colonies to prevent swarming, knowing time, and concepts like colony strength. Through the use of creative techniques, she produced a net monthly income of Rs 28,000/-.
- Smt. Sunita Kumari, 36 years of age is a graduate woman and a progressive farmer having 0.2 ha of land. At first, the neighbours made fun of Mrs Sunita Kumari and said that she was wasting her time. Nevertheless, she didn’t give up and eventually succeeded in reusing paddy straw in a farm setting. This process transforms paddy straws into beautiful wall hangings, Decorative household pieces, scenery, etc. Due to the availability of raw materials (paddy straw) as crop residue, this business is extremely beneficial for rural women seeking to generate revenue. This environmentally friendly innovation makes good use of agricultural leftovers to keep the environment clean. This benefits 300-450 farmers, Kshitij Agro (NGO), NABARD, and other NGOs.She has received recognition from the State Government on numerous forums and numerous prizes from dignitaries.
Managing farming activities can be a challenge, especially with a low-income and minimum-wage opportunities. The government recognizes the importance of farmers and wants to improve their financial situation, in the same way, FlexiLoans aims to assist you with your farming requirements. Here at FlexiLoans, we help you with all of your needs when it comes to expanding your business. We believe in the future potential of every business. We provide a variety of loans to meet all of your business needs.
Whether you are establishing a new business or growing an existing one, FlexiLoans wants to help you succeed in your business endeavours. You only need an internet connection to apply for a loan with us because we are a technology-driven online platform. We can help you with unsecured business loans which require minimum documentation.
Head over to our business loans page To learn more about the loan alternatives offered by FlexiLoans.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. 1 What is the definition of Small and Marginal farmers?
Ans: The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi program uses the farmer’s cultivable landholding to classify small and marginal farmers. The scheme considers the following categories of farmers as small and marginal:
- Small farmers are those who have up to one hectare of cultivable land under their control.
- Marginal farmers are those who have between one and two hectares of cultivable land.
Q. 2 What can I do if my instalment amount has not been credited to my account?
Ans: Your first step is to check your bank account statement which is linked to PM Kisan Samman Nidhi’s scheme. Once you check your bank account and you still do not find the amount credited to your account, you can call the PM Kisan toll-free number or their help desk number at 011-2430060.
Q. 3 When is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi’s benefit issued?
Ans: Beneficiaries can avail of benefits from this scheme 3 times a year. This happens over the course of 3 instalments. The first instalment is issued in the months between April to July, the second instalment is issued between months from August to November, and the third instalment in the months between December to March.
Q. 4 Can I amend the details in my Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi account on the portal?
Ans: You can easily edit the details that you have entered in the portal. However, confirmation and verification of the details is essential. Go to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana website and select the ‘Edit Aadhar Failure Records’ link. By selecting ‘Updation Of Self Registered Farmer’ in the Farmers Corner, you can also modify your name or other information.
Q. 5 Who all form a part of the family of the farmers?
Ans: Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, the family of the farmer forms to be the husband, wife, and minor children (below 18 years of age) who are dependent on the farmer. The scheme does not cover adult children, irrespective of their marital status, or any other family member who is not dependent on the farmer. However, the State/UT Government’s judgment will be final if there is any disagreement over the eligibility of family members.
Q. 6 Who verifies the families of the farmers in the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme?
Ans: The State or Union Territory Governments are in charge of verifying the farmers’ families under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi program. The State or Union Territory Governments must use the records they have on hand, including land records, Aadhaar information, and other pertinent papers, to verify the eligibility of the farmers and their families. To confirm the information given by the farmers and their families, the State or Union Territory Governments may also make field visits. Following completion of the verification procedure, the State or Union Territory Governments will upload the confirmed data to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi portal for payment processing.
Q. 7 Will there be any consequences if I provide incorrect information to avail of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme?
Ans: If you give false information when applying for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme or during the verification procedure, your application may be rejected and your benefits under the program may be cancelled. Additionally, it could result in legal repercussions, such as fines and penalties, according to the applicable legal rules. To avoid hassles or legal issues later on, it is important to submit correct and true information while applying for the plan and during the verification procedure. If you filled out the application incorrectly or during the verification process, you should amend it as soon as possible and notify the appropriate authorities to prevent any future issues.
Q. 8 How long does it take for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme to approve a registration?
Ans: The competent State/UT Government officials will verify your application whenever you submit it for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme. The number of applications received and the authorities’ workload will determine how long it takes to finish the verification process. It takes roughly 30-40 days for the application to verify after it has been submitted. However, occasionally it could take longer, especially if the application or any accompanying documents have any inconsistencies or errors. As soon as they approve your application, they will add your name to the list of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi beneficiaries, and you will receive a confirmation message on the mobile phone you have provided.
Q. 9 Can a husband and wife register separately for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi program’s benefits?
Ans: No, a husband and wife cannot apply individually for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi program’s benefits. According to the scheme guidelines, only one person per family can avail of the benefits of the scheme. If the husband and wife are both eligible farmers under this programme, they must choose one of them to apply, and the family will get rewards as a whole. As a result, qualified farmers must work together to select one member of their family to apply for the program.
Q. 10 What is the last date to register for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi program?
Ans: The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi program’s registration deadline has been extended to June 30, 2023.
Q. 11 Is eKYC compulsory for the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi program?
Ans: Yes, eKYC or Electronic Know Your Customer is necessary for availing the benefits of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme. eKYC is a digital procedure that uses the beneficiary’s Aadhaar information to confirm their identity and address. It is a mandatory requirement for registering for the scheme.
Q. 12 Will any person or farming family who owns more than 2 hectares of cultivable land benefit from the program?
Ans: No, under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, any person or farming family with more than 2 hectares of arable land will not be qualified to receive rewards. The rewards are only accessible to small and marginal farmers who have up to 2 hectares of cultivable land, according to the scheme’s requirements.
Q. 13 Does the transfer of cultivable land ownership due to inheritance following the death of the owner qualify for the advantages of the scheme?
Ans: Yes, assuming the new owner satisfies the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme’s eligibility requirements, the transfer of cultivable land ownership due to inheritance after the owner’s passing qualifies for the benefits of the program.
Q. 14 Is a farmer who pays income tax or his or her spouse eligible to benefit from the program?
Ans: No, the family is not eligible for benefits under the scheme if any member of the family paid income tax in the most recent assessment year.
Q. 15 Will I be able to receive benefits from this scheme if I do not have a land holding in my name?
Ans: The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi program would not allow you to get benefits if you do not have a landholding in your name. Land holding is the sole criterion to avail of financial benefits under the Income Support Scheme